Selecting suitable fonts and line spacing
The message of your website is presented primarily as text. Selecting a suitable font face for this text is probably more important than any other layout consideration. Most of the time spent on most web pages is spent reading the text, so it is important that this text uses a font face and style that is clear and "easy on the eye" so that everyone (and people with weak eyesight in particular) can concentrate on your message rather than struggling to read your text.
This series of tutorials looks at
- selecting fonts that are easy to read,
- providing additonal fonts in case your option is not available to the users,
- providing fancy elements such as larger first letters for paragraphs
- spacing lines so that they are easy to follow
- selecting colour contrasts